In an effort to save money and determine just how much our clothes dryer is affecting our electric bill I am going to attempt to use a clothesline for my laundry for a month.
In the past, towels and clothes turn out crispy and wrinkly. I CAN NOT iron every single item of clothing for my household of five. So help me, please!
Here are my questions for you clothesline users:
- Do I have to iron everything regardless?
- Will my clothes get faded and worn out from the sun?
- How do you avoid wrinkles?
- I have well water, but we do have a water softener (which my husband frequently forgets to buy salt for), so I am curious as to how this affects line drying.
- Do you have to add heavy fabric softeners to the wash?
- Any other pros and cons I am not thinking of?
So please, chime in on Facebook or comment below with your advice. I think I’ll be able to get my electric bill
down $100 per month by doing this but crunchy wrinkly laundry is not going to work.
Oh and I don’t own an ironing board…guess I’ll need to get one.
So what are your thoughts?