I’m sure you’ve noticed wool dryer balls mentioned around the web and across the various social networks. Wool has so many benefits and so many applications and uses. Using wool in the laundry in the form of dryer balls is just one more reason to love it.
A Cloth Diaper Geek sponsor, FluffyRump, has a great selection of wool dyer balls in all sorts of vibrant colors. Read on below about why you should choose wool dryer balls, how they can save you money and green your laundry routine!
Dryer Balls are a money & time saving alternative to chemical-laden dryer sheets! A MUST for cloth diapers!! FluffyRump recommends 2-4 dryer balls for small, delicate loads and up to 12 for large loads of towels or clothing. You can purchase them individually or buy them in pairs.
Dryer Balls do a number of wonderful things:
- They are an eco-friendly alternative to the conventional dryer sheet.
- They do more than a dryer sheet by pulling the moisture out of your clothes so you don’t have to run your dryer as long, saving you time and money.
- They reduce static just like dryer sheets do.
- They soften your clothes like liquid fabric softener when they’re bouncing around your dryer. Fabric softener has harsh chemicals that make your clothes soft and also increase the flammability of your clothes putting you at risk of a dryer fire – not fun!
- They’re wonderful cat and dog toys when they “accidentally” make their way out of the dryer!
- They’re made of 100% wool so they’re safe for babies to learn about colors and as a counting tool, they love the texture!
- They’re absolutely WONDERFUL for cloth diapers! They keep them soft and clean without the harmful chemicals in conventional dryer sheets.