The most #FluffinAwesome Baby Shower Gift, a Baby Carrier!
If I had to tell someone the very best gift to give at a baby shower they were attending, and I couldn’t say cloth diapers, I would 100% tell them to purchase a quality baby carrier like the Onya Baby Carrier. In fact, I’d recommend this over a crib, bouncy seat or even a stroller, they’re that important and that much of a necessity for new moms.
We’re excited to have Onya Baby as a sponsor for our #FluffinAwesome Baby Shower event so I’ve got TEN Reasons Why Baby Carriers Make the PERFECT Gift!
1)You can go stroller free! Keep baby snug and close and never have to worry about navigating a bulky stroller through crowds, up a flight of stairs again or storing in your trunk!
2) You can nurse discretely! Babywearing allows you to breastfeed discretely and keep baby distractions to a minimum.
3) Keep your hands free! Taking care of other children or tasks in and around the house is much easier when you can keep your baby close and still have your hands accessible.
4) Keep baby safe! Babywearing not only allows baby to be emotionally secure, but it also keeps them physically secure in crowded places and away from well-meaning admirers who may be carrying germs.
5) Happy baby! Research shows that babies who are worn cry less and sleep better. Babywearing can also be beneficial for babies with colic, babies with reflux, and babies born prematurely (kangaroo care).
6) Healthy baby! Studies have also shown that babywearing promotes the development of the vestibular and muscular system.
7) Healthy mom! Mothers who wear their babies have been shown to have less incidence of postpartum depression and report being more confident in their parenting skills.
8) Supports breastfeeding! Keeping your baby close increases the production of hormones associated with breastfeeding and can help establish your milk supply.
9) Many choices! There are so many styles and prints available that you are sure to find something you love. Trial and error is made much easier by the fact that most slings, wraps, and baby carriers retain their value and do very well in the resale market.
10) It’s enjoyable! Babywearing facilitates close interaction with your baby; cuddling and consoling are much easier. When baby is older, they will enjoy seeing the world from your viewpoint. In fact, toddlers also love to be worn!
These are just some of the reasons babywearing is so beneficial, for mother, father and child. So if you’re looking for a baby shower gift for a special mama-to-be and you want her to have the very best, consider purchasing her a quality baby carrier. We promise, she’ll thank you!
*This post does contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my work-at-home-mom owned business.
I’m Julie, a former cloth diaper retailer who discovered a passion for the industry. Now, instead of selling cloth diapers, I advocate them and promote small businesses I love who sell and manufacture them.
I’m the wife of a fireman and mother of three. I have a daughter and identical twin sons.