First let me clarify, The Balm© is a brand of products made by Taylor House Inc. I know it can be confusing because many mamas refer to The Balm’s Diaper Balm/1st Aid product simply as The Balm. So let me list for you below some of The Balm© products:
- Diaper Balm/1st Aid, Cloth Diaper safe bottom balm and first aid balm.
- Mad Diaper Rash/Natural Sunscreen, Natural Sunscreen and diaper rash remedy.
- Fresh out of the Tub, Baby Shampoo and Body Wash.
- Juice those wipes, Cloth Wipes Solution Concentrate.
- Nipple Soother, for Nursing Moms.
- Skin Repair, A Natural Balm for “everything.”
- Sanitize those Hands, Natural Hand Sanitizer.
- Spritz, Room Freshener.
- Body Butter
- Mama Belly
- The PITS, Natural Deodorant.
- Pucker, Natural Lip Balm/Gloss.
- SHUE Bug, Natural and Organic Bug Repellant.
So, now back to The PITS. I’ve seen many natural deodorants, rocks, stones, crystals, powder…none have really peaked my interest although switching to an antiperspirant-free deodorant has been on my list of things to do for a really long time now.
After getting a chance to use and like The Balm’s Diaper Balm/1st Aid balm I was excited to try The PITS.
- What I like…the texture. It has a fluffy texture and I love the natural scent. Not too earthy or musky, just right. Although it’s recommended that you use a dime size, I’ve found I need much less and that the 2oz jar is going to last me quite a bit longer than you’d expect.
- It comes with a wooden applicator but I use my finger tips when applying fresh out of the shower and when I know I’m not going to transfer bacteria from my hands and underarms into the jar.
- It comes in male or female packaging so your husband won’t think he’s using women’s deodorant!
- It’s made by a small family owned business.
- It’s ALL NATURAL, ORGANIC, VEGAN and the jar is recyclable.
It costs $7.49 for a 2oz jar although I have already seen it on sale so that would be a great way to save. I’d recommend you try it and see just how long you can use one jar of it before writing it off as too expensive.
Another thing to consider is that with my regular antiperspirant deodorant I was applying it daily first thing in the morning. Since switching to the PITS I have skipped applying it on days when I’m home or we’re having cooler weather. I’ve found that I don’t actually sweat as much as I thought and can go without any deodorant on many days.
It’s surprising when you eliminate something from your routine that you’ve been assuming you need every day based upon when you started using it, which was when I was about 15 yrs old. I’m over twice that age now and duh! my body has changed. Even without the sweat blocking of the antiperspirant I don’t find myself soaked in sweat like I would have years ago.
I’m giving away (2) Jars of THE PITS by The BALM© and you can win! Enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Good Luck!