Today was the 4th of July, what better day to feature an American made diaper and kick off a giveaway! Except that I didn’t finish the darn post! lol Anyhow, this week was 4th of July week, and it makes great sense to feature a made in the USA diaper! Tiny Tush is the manufacturer and retailer of a great line of products, one of those products is the Tiny Tush Elite OS cloth diaper.
Being a former Tiny Tush retailer, I’ve had many occasions to use this diaper and put it to the test and it worked fabulous. I know what you might be thinking, it looks just like XYZ other brand. Well folks, photos can be deceiving and I must say, this Elite OS Pocket Diaper is better quality and it’s made in the USA.
From it’s luxuriously thick and soft microfleece interior to it’s waterproof, pvc free, lead free and pthalate free exterior it’s a very well made diaper. It’s hard to express how you can have handled so many different types of cloth diapers like I have and how now I can just tell when a diaper is not cheaply made.
The Elite OS has a snap down rise, similar to other onesize diapers, aplix closure that attaches to interior laundry tabs for easy laundering, (also available in snap closure) and a generous pocket opening so you can easily stuff and remove your inserts.
I wondered, although the Elite OS is supposed to fit babies and toddlers up to 35lbs, would it fit larger children? Fortunately I had a couple diaper models available to me, my sons who are 4, Mason and Spencer. Spencer is the larger of the two and so I convinced him to try on the diaper and then I weighed him to see how much he weighed.
Although he’s out of the weight range at 40.8lbs, the diaper still fit great and could feasibly be used as a trainer overnight. My family never used trainers, just “special” night time cloth diapers for when they were potty training. At almost 5 yrs old he’s definitely close to outgrowing the capabilities of this diaper but for the purpose of demonstrating it’s size, it does still fit a fairly trim, 4.5yr old.
Overall, I definitely love the Elite. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. If you’re looking for an American made diaper that’s comparable to some of the big name brands but made of better quality materials then you should definitely try the Elite OS Pocket Diaper by Tiny Tush!
The Prize: Tiny Tush has generously donated an Elite Onesize Diaper with snaps or aplix in the color of your choice. Each comes with two inserts.
The Giveaway Guidelines & Rules:
- First entry requirement is to go to Tiny Tush, come back and comment with what color and closure style you might choose if you were to be the lucky winner.
- Please comment once per entry so that you are entered the correct number of times in the giveaway.
- Make sure you either leave your email address, blog or website address in each comment or make sure you are logged in to your Blogger account so that we can be sure to have a way of reaching you should you win.
- Contest is open to participants in the USA & Canada.
- Winner is chosen via random.org and winning announcements are posted on the Blog & FaceBook.
- Participants have 7 days from close of giveaway to respond and claim their prize.
Additional Methods of Entry:
- (1) Become a Fan of Tiny Tush on FaceBook or already be a Fan, and leave a comment letting her know that @ClothDiaperGeek sent you!
- (1) Follow Tiny Tush on Twitter
- (1) Subscribe to the Tiny Tush Mailing List
- (2) *New* Have a Google Account? Click the Google +1 Button at the bottom of this blog post.
- (1) Become a Fan of Cloth Diaper Geek on FaceBook
- (1) Follow the Cloth Diaper Geek Blog
- (1) Become a Fan of my other FB Page, She Thinks Media
- (1) Follow the Cloth Diaper Geek on Twitter
- (3) Tweet this “Enter to #win a @TinyTush Elite OS on the @clothdiapergeek blog! #clothdiapers—>http://ow.ly/5ye2Y ” (limit 1 x per day)
- (3) Blog about this Giveaway on your Blog, must include a link to this giveaway post
- (3) Announce this Giveaway on FaceBook and tag @ClothDiaperGeek FaceBook Page in your post and link to this Giveaway Post. (limit 1 x per day)
- (3) Add or have already added the Cloth Diaper Geek Blog Button to your website or blog. Comment with the URL to where you placed it.
*Giveaway ends July 13, 2011 at midnight and winner will be announced and contacted on July 14, 2011.